Protect your bottom line with Base Price Modifier.
The Base Price Modifier policy allows the insured the opportunity to increase the price election under eligible plans.
- The eligible plans for Corn and Soybeans include buy-up coverage of Yield Protection (YP), Revenue Protection (RP), or Revenue Protection w/the Harvest Price Exclusion (RP-HPE).
- The eligible plan for California Tree Nuts is buy-up coverage of Actual Production History (APH).
The combined value of the supplemental coverage under the BPM policy and coverage provided by the applicable underlying plan of insurance may not exceed the value of the APH multiplied by the applicable MPCI projected price or price election.
The BPM policy does not protect against price fluctuations and the BPM price election will not increase regardless of the price fluctuation under the RP plan of insurance.
No payment is made on the BPM policy unless and until the insured suffers a covered yield loss under the underlying policy.
BPM Coverage Limitations
- BPM coverage is offered for:
- High-risk, unclassified or uninsurable acreage;
- Catastrophic Risk Protection (CAT), Area Risk Protection Insurance policies, or Whole Farm Revenue Protection policies;
- New Producers- insured must have at least four years of APH data for the crop for which the BPM policy is intended (not required to have 4 years on every unit of the crop).
- No replant payments are made under the BPM policy.
- The BPM policy does not cover Prevented Planting claims.
- The BPM policy is not available with CCIP policies where coverage is modified or issued by written agreement.
- Exception is a Written Unit Agreement.
- The BPM policy is not available for second or double crops.
- The BPM policy does not cover any type of organic farming practices.
- Any exclusion contained in or applying to the underlying CCIP policy likewise applies to the BPM policy